Search This Blog

July 20, 2011

Summertime Yoga

Spending one month away from the studio traveling to Cyprus, and my entire entity is craving the familiar faces of my yoga community!

While I was gone, I did have the opportunity to do yoga on the beach. Every Tuesday mornings Vinyasa Yoga Studio in Limassol, Cyprus holds free classes at Guaba Beach bar. I ventured to class not knowing what to expect, and I was more than blissed out by the time class was over.

Not only was Paris (the instructor and owner of Vinyasa Yoga Studio) really helpful and inspiring, the class was taught in half Greek and English. What a touch of soul for me, being both!

Breathing in with the waves of the Mediterranean sea was spectacular. I do have to admit that my hour long practice seemed to fly by and lying in Savasana while smelling the salt water breeze and hearing the waves crash against the shore, was one of the most blissful moments of my yoga journey.

It's summer time! Get your mat and go outside! Next time you go to the park for a picnic or the beach for some sun--- don't forget to bring your yoga with you.

Wouldn't if be great if Ayuh Yoga had our own little outdoor yoga outing?

If you could do yoga outside, anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Share your thoughts below!

6 comments:

  1. your yoga by the beach sounds sooo divine..
    yes, we should do outdoor yoga!!

    yoga anywhere in the world?? hmm...that's tough one for me... either on the beautiful beaches of bali and fiji or in an ashram in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a beach or park or lake field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome!!! wish i was there!!

    if i could do yoga anywhere in the world...beaches of bali or in an ashram in india!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love, love a beach, park or lake field trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i second the indian ashram! we should make a list of places local we can go for Ayuh outings! Ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. During summer, we pay particular attention to heart health. One of my favorite pranayama yoga is included. It yoga helps anticipate overheating and gets rid of toxins.

    Tummy Tuck

    ReplyDelete